Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Healing Power of Happiness.

Follow-up from Dr. Paul Epstein's on his talk...

Thank you happiness club for inviting me to speak and for being a wonderful and engaged audience, much appreciated. Speaking to you and sharing was a happiness experience for me! Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

I'd like to follow up briefly with the wisdom words from the audience as take home for my talk..."healing...it's tough stuff!" and "...awareness and choice are important!" In that spirit mindfulness meditation can be a very powerful support to be with our challenges, difficulties, wounds, pains, stress and illness..our 'tough stuff' in a way that is wise and compassionate and healing, it can help us find our way individually as Norman Cousins, (Tuesdays with) Morrie, Christopher Reeves and Lance Armstrong found their way...as Victor Frankl said (survivor of the holocaust)...author of 'Man's Search for Meaning'..."Everything can be taken from a man bit one thing, the right to choose ones own way in any given set of circumstances." Happiness is a choice and it takes awareness and courage to make that choice ....it's not just what's happening...it's how we choose to be and relate to what's happening...as in the serenity prayer...'to accept what I can not change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

Mindfulness Meditation Classes offered by the Insight meditation Community of Fairfield County....

every other Thursday evening from 730-915 Norfield Grange...Goodhill Road Westport off 57N...next session is Thursday September 28, all welcome!

We are also offering a 6 week beginner's class starting on Thursday October 5 615-715.
For further questions and information and flyer (we ran out at the meeting) and to be placed on our e-mail list please contact/write or call ....

Paul Epstein at epsteinmb@aol.com or 203-226-3923.
Additionally, FYI, I have 3 different 2 CD sets available which contain material related to my talk and the comments above..

The Healing Journey Meets the Spiritual Path, Illness as A Vehicle for Awakening
Mindfulness and the Healing Process

Touching the Essence...Where's the Healing?
Once again, I thank you all and I appreciated the opportunity to speak, it was a joyful experience for me to share with such a receptive open 'beginner's mind' audience. I wish you joy and happiness in your life's journey....I end this note as I ended my talk..with a Shalom...hello, may peace be with you, and signing off....goodbye...may you all go in peace and happiness, Paul
Paul Epstein, NDNaturopathic Physician and Healing CoachMind-Body Integrative Medicine42 Richmondville Ave. Westport, CT. 06880"serenity is not freedom from the storm, it is peace amid the storm"epsteinmb@aol.com203-226-3923203-722-2358

No comments: