Sunday, November 27, 2005

The End Of The Year Is Near

We are heading to December and the end of the year is near. I realize that on December 24th of this year, I will have been happy for 15 years. That is 25% of my life. It has been the best thing I have ever done! I did not know any better, or I would have done it even sooner. I have no regrets because being happy leaves you with none. It is the best decision I have ever made.

I did not know it at the time but Being Happy was not just good for me, it was good for everyone around me. This website, the articles I write, the Happiness Club that was created all came about because I decided to be happy. I did not do it for you; I made the decision to be happy for me. As it turns out it is a decision that ultimately affect you.

You see we are all interconnected and the unhappiness or happiness of just one single person affects a great many people. You cannot become a happy person without positively affecting those around you. Of course the opposite is also true. You cannot be an unhappy person without negatively affecting those around you.

But you must do what is best for you. The best you can do for yourself is to choose happiness now. Fifteen happy years goes by very quickly. But they are a great deal more rewarding than a lifetime of unhappy years, no matter how many you may be given.

No comments: