Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Will Not Be Broken

The new book, I Will Not Be Broken by Jerry White gives you five empowering steps to cope with bad situations. It will help you take control of your life no matter what has or will happen to you. Jerry says, "To truly thrive, we must consciously choose for our lives to go on in a positive way." Jerry's experience has given him simple wisdom, which was not easy to learn. Jerry said: "On April 12, 1984, that landmine stole a part of my leg, but not me. I never gave it the power to make me less than whole, less than who I am. I've learned that nothing is big enough to do that. Nothing can eradicate joy and peace forever, unless we allow it." I included Jerry's quote because this is the secret to enduring happiness.

Jerry learned to escape the victim trap which is essential for healing the body and the mind. We must learn to face reality, no matter what we are dealt and empower ourselves no matter what our obstacles might be. Jerry lost his leg and almost lost his life. After reading I Will Not Be Broken I think that Jerry not only overcame the loss of his leg but became a truly whole human being. We could envy what Jerry has become because he has gained so much more than he lost. He has become more than he ever was and most importantly, Jerry shares it with you because giving back is one of the ways Jerry has empowered himself and so many others. If you read his book you will learn this profound wisdom and be able to use it in your own life.

No comments: